11 December, 2012

All In One

A quick post; a little of everything to get caught up! :)
I am sitting here snacking on homemade icecream left over from Micah David's birthday party. I don't know why, cause I have goose bumps I'm so cold! "Crunch" ahh, I just ran into a M&M. Any way, this winter has been very mild, but the past two days have reminded us that winter is still on it's way. Mom had to go away this morning and all the guys were off to work, so that left Jenny and I to milk the cow. Jenny had gotten up early to fix breakfast for the guys and had fallen alseep on the floor by the wood stove. I left her sleep for as long as possible, so it could warm up a little bit outside. At last I thought I shouldn't wait much longer, so I woke her up and out we went around 8:30. Poor cow... she milked almost 4 gallons. In other words "she was ready to be milked!!"  Next time I might try to get out there a bit sooner, even though it was almost below freezing.. brrrr.. If I was doing this on a laptop (which I am not) I would move to the wood stove) brrr...

Micah David and I both had a birthday last week. He turned 1 and I turned 19. He got to eat his first cupcake and I got to taste the starting of my last teen year. I don't feel like growing old, but I guess that's just the way it is, so I decided just to live with it. Jenny had a birthday party for Micah David and invited a few friends and family over. 
It was cute watching him eat his first cupcake. He tried to blow out his candle by blowing through his nose, but it didn't work to well. Sorry, no wish come true for you, Micah.. :) Only I think his wish was "I wish I could eat a cupcake every day!" :)
He loved opening his gifts..
Jenny is working on potty training him and he is doing really good. He is so smart, copies everything he sees you doing. 
-----------------------

About a week ago we took a little trip to New Mexico to see our friends, the Coffey's. Micah and Dad want to get a fodder system going. We went down to see theirs to get some ideas. Was pretty cool!!
We stopped in to see our adopted Grandpa in Silver. His daughter Paula had made us a wonderful meal, so we drove the rest of the way home with full stomachs. 
-----------------------------


Micah recently dug up our flower bed and redid it, planted many different kinds of bulbs.  We are going to have a beautiful flower bed come spring!

Getting the garden ready for next year. 

The guys chipped up all the dry stalks...
They put more compost and mulch on the garden, so it will be ready for spring planting!




Our dog boarding has been keeping us busy. I recently made a new webpage if you would like to check it out! http://familypetcare4u.blogspot.com/
I'll put pics of Jubilee on next. She is growing sweeter every day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see what is going on with y'all! You always seem to be busy doing something! (: Very nice website, btw!

    ReplyDelete