19 March, 2016

Beautiful Out!

We had been having some pretty strange weather. It would be hot and sunny one week and then freezing, sometimes even raining and sleeting, the next. But, finally, I believe Spring has decided to stay! Yea! The fields are turning green... 

...and the trees are pushing out fresh leaves.
PC: Joanna
 Time for some spring cleaning!
 Cleaning out the barn.
It's crazy how dusty things get here in Az!

Cleaning up the holding area...

Good work, Jesse!
Raking up around the house.

I think someone found some pine cones.. :)

Cleaning out Dad's truck!

Eggs, eggs and more eggs!
The chickens have been picking up in production. I don't think we are the only ones that are loving this weather! :) 
Between milk and eggs we keep very busy!
Putting eggs into empty cartons..

Thanks for the help boys! 

I recently made a sign to put out by the road.
I made it very simple. Nothing fancy as we will probably be replacing it with a better one in the near future. For the time being we just needed something to direct people in.
Jared helped me do a lot of the painting.

I think that will do for now! :)

We had someone make bacon from the last pig we butchered. 
Joshua sliced it up in strips.
He also sliced up more homemade bologna while he was at it! Mmmmm. The bacon ended up being more fat than meat this time, but it was still good!  

The kittens are growing and Jubilee spends so much time with them.
They are so cute!


We have been busy delivering milk as always! It has really been growing, we sell more share(s) every week! Always one step closer to becoming a certified raw milk dairy!! 
More baby pigs born at Micah and Jenny's!

 
This is the sound the Mommy pig makes when her milk has let down.
The little runt is so tiny!
Perfect evening to be out milking!
Poppy is due to have puppies next month. We can hardly wait!!

We had fun going to the air show in Tucson with the family.  It was was cold and windy at first, but then the wind calmed down. The sun shown down and we got burnt. Ooops.. I don't think we will forget the sunscreen next time!

It's so beautiful in the evenings!!
Welcome Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I miss the farm and all its excitement!! :)
    Love how the sign turned out, Joylin!
    I can just feel the warmth and wishing I had some right now!
    Thanks again for posting, I sure enjoy every time that you do! :)

    ReplyDelete