21 March, 2016

Moving Chickens


The guys fixed up the chicken tractor, took down their old pasture fence and put it up again around the garden area. We took our time moving them as not to stress them too badly.

We moved them in two different batches.
Jubilee caught one that got left behind.

The cows were curious to what was going on. :)



They are enjoying the shade of the trees.
The guys fixing up the tractor.

Putting in the nests.

Ta - da!! All finished! 

We dumped in the compost from the cows, etc...
The chickens absolutely go crazy over this stuff. There are so many goodies in there. First of all they eat out all the fly larva which really helps with keeping the flies down. 
Then there are these huge grubs. It's nice to get them cleaned out before we put it on our garden! 
Now I just need to make a "Chicken Coop" sign to hang on both ends!
I think it is very cute, don't you!? 

1 comment:

  1. Love the chicken coop! I see a stack of eggs in there already!
    Great idea!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete