25 April, 2015

Butchering Day

Time to put some meat in the freezer!! Dad and Micah got this steer off of Micah's brother.
Micah and Jenny also raised a pig for us and them.
The guys getting prepared...

Watching...
Micah D, having fun on the scooter.
So adorable!
Time to get started!
Watching from the truck.
Everyone loves Aunt Kaitlyn! :)

Cutting him up before hanging him in the cooler.
Micah and his brother and Dad recently built a cooler box in the front of a horse trailer. We borrowed it to hang the meat in.

Putting the meat into the cooler.
We are going to leave it hang in there for a couple weeks before cutting it off the bone.
Now for the pig.
In to the cooler she goes! She will hang there a few days before we cut her up.

Looks like our freezer will be full again soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I bet that was an all day job. Enjoyed the post--such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That steer looks huge!

    You girls are pretty tough. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to set on the side to watch the process.

    We know someone that used to be a butcher and they have an older walk-in freezer/regrigerator, butchering equipment, etc for sale for about $500, I think. We decided not to purchase it but if you all are interested email me and we can give you more info on it.

    ReplyDelete