27 December, 2011

A Diaper Cake

Before I post about the baby shower, I thought I would post about the diaper cake Joanna and I made for Jenny. 

We got the idea off of internet somewhere and really liked it, so we gave it a try!

Her theme was Winnie - the- Pooh, so we collected things from here and there over the weeks and came up with quite a few things. Aunt Sharon also got things for it too.

It was surprising how many whinnie the pooh things we found.





It takes lots and lots of pampers!!!

You begin by rolling pampers and holding them together with rubber bands to make the different layers.




Then you wrap blankets around the outside of the rolls. 

We made our cake four layers, but you can make them smaller.

Here it is after we got all the things put on it.

It turned out really cute and I think that it is a perfect baby shower gift idea to give to someone!

6 comments:

  1. lol nice! :) My Aunt Sharon made a diaper cake for another one of my aunt's baby shower, only she didn't put blankets around the rolls and put things on it...It was more a "guess how many diapers make up the cake." lol. Y'all's turned out nice. :)

    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! :) what an awesome idea...

    Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Diaper Cake!! I've heard of that- it's such a cool and practical idea. After all, diapers can be expensive and parents- ahem...babies go through so many of them!! You did very well. It looks 5 star!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    you did a wonderful job(-:
    Keep up the good work...

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats soo creative! lol Never heard of it, but an awesome idea! Yours turned out really cute! (:

    ReplyDelete